Runs & Meetings - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Road Trip Run to Penticton for 2022 OVMC TSR Event (UPDATE 5/6/22)
What?? A road trip to Penticton, B.C. to attend the every other year "Topless Sun Run" (a 3-day event) for 2022 put on by our neighbors to the North (Okanagan Valley Miata Club). This event is one of our favorites - beautiful scenery, great Miata roads, warm friendly folks and a great time (Of course, you will buy gas by the liter and it is usually a little pricier than ours). This year (2022) they are basing the event in Penticton on Lake Okanagan.
COVID info for CANADA Travel: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html (IMPORTANT NOTE: GET REGISTERED ON ARRIVECAN BEFORE 5/27)
For our run up to Canada:
Meet at the Camas Safeway at 9:00am for a 9:30 departure and ready for a leisurely trip over some interesting roads to our mid-way overnight stop in Wenatchee. There will be rest stops at Beacon Rock, and Chamberlain Lake and then a brown bag lunch at Brooks Memorial SP (food can be purchased at several points along the way-if required check with run leader). After lunch a stop at Teapot Dome and Bullseye before Hwy 821 and a stop at Flying J for gas as needed. Then up Hwy 97 to Wenatchee for our overnight stay. Dinner will be open choice and subject to discussion.
- Added 5/6/22
BE AWARE: Need ARRIVE Canada registration. Easy to get online @ ArriveCan
Meet at La Quinta at 9:30 on Friday morning and leave when all are ready. Promptness is appreciated. A RIGHT out of the parking lot.
-Head North on Hwy 285 (N Wenatchee Ave) approx 1.1 mi to US 2 east.
-Continue E on US 2 approx 3 mi to Eastmont Ave. This is a straight thru intersection. Continue S on Eastmont approx 2.2 mi turning LEFT onto Badger Mountain Rd.
-Turn LEFT on P rd NW
-Turn Right on US 2 into Waterville. Stop at the park for a rest stop.
-Continue North thru Withrow and Mansfield to Bridgeport and a rest stop (Berryman Park subject to change). 43 mi; to Omak 79mi from Waterville
-Continue Hwy 17-97 to Oroville and lunch. 41 mi. Everybody is free to make their own choice but I kind of like Pablo Taco's.
-Gas up and head Hwy 97 for the border and Penticton, 46 mi or 76 km.
(This is a tentative route, subject to change. Just wanted to update you a little and everyone can get an idea of where we are going.)
We will arrive in Penticton in time to sign in to the 2022 Topless Sun Run event .
- Have your passport and covid immunization record needed to go into Canada and return to the US. You must register with ArriveCan prior to 5/27 - You can start the ArriveCan registration 72 hours before entry into Canada on 5/24
- Overnight accommodations for Thursday night in Wenatchee may be made at the La Quinta Wenatchee, 1905 N Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee, WA 98801 Ph. 509-664-6565; SPECIAL NOTE: The La Quinta Wenatchee has offered the club a special rate of 20% discount based on the following condition(s): As a group we must book 10 or more rooms for the 5/26/22 stay and reservations must be made directly with La Quinta Wenatchee using the above phone number and referencing "Mt. Hood Miata Club".
- If you have already made reservations; please contact La Quinta Wenatchee and reference "Mt. Hood Miata Club" to qualify your room for the 10 room total and to qualify for the discount. If you have reserved elsewhere; please consider changing to the La Quinta so we can qualify for their offer.
- You are free,as always, to make other arrangements as you wish with a meet-up on Friday morning at the La Quinta address at 9:30am for the second leg of the run into Penticton.
- The plan is a two-day drive over some more interesting roads up to Canada to arrive in Penticton before 3:00pm on Friday. There will also be a planned return run leaving Penticton on Sunday 5/29 to Portland. This is a separate event on the activities calendar and interested members are directed there for further information/registration.
- If you have never done this event - this might be the year for it. Remember to register for the event itself on the Canadian Club's website in February.
PLEASE NOTE: You must register separately for the ROAD TRIP w/ MT. Hood MC and for the 2022 SUN RUN Event w/ Okanagan Valley Miata Club on their website (available through MHMC website - Vendors and Other Clubs tab). You should consider making your room reservations in Penticton for Friday 5/27 and Saturday 5/28 as soon as possible.
HERE IS THE INFO WE HAVE RECEIVED FROM THE OKANAGEN VALLEY MIATA CLUB:
2022 Topless Sun Run – Penticton, BC
The Okanagan Valley Miata Club will be hosting its bi-annual Topless Sun Run on May 27-29, 2022, in beautiful Penticton, British Columbia. Space will be limited.
The host facility is the Penticton Lakeside Resort and Convention Centre (https://www.pentictonlakesideresort.com/) where special rates are available to the first 100 cars. A reservation may be made by calling 1 800 663 9400 or emailing email@example.com and identify yourself by asking for the Okanagan Valley Miata Club rate.
Registration will open in late February on our (OVMC) website (http://www.okmiataclub.com/).
Thursday, May 26, 2022, 9:00 AM
Camas Safeway parking lot at 9:00am
800 NE 3rd Ave.
Camas, WA 98607
Registration is required
Registration cancellations will be accepted until Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Cancellation can be made at any time through your PROFILE, EVENT HISTORY, click on the TRASH CAN X by the event registration you need to cancel. If needed, please contact the event contact or webmaster. Please cancel as soon as you can for the benefit of the run leader or restaurant seating. Thank you!
Members pay for their own charges